1. Comparative assessment of the regulatory frameworks and institutions in place for promoting renewable electricity production in Norway and Sweden.
2. An historic-institutional analysis of the licensing system for renewable electricity.
3. Technical and environmental assessment of coordination between renewable electricity production and environmental protective measures.
4. A comparative assessment of relevant drivers and barriers for structural changes and innovation for renewable electricity production in Norway and Sweden.
5. Proposals for a more feasible framework for improving governance for renewable electricity provision in Norway and Sweden, whereby energy and environmental regulations function as a whole rather than as distinct policy areas.